Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Assignment Dybbuk Has Been Vanquished!

Dear Reader,

At approximately 2:14 am, I logged onto Courseworks and posted my revised article on the first Bang on a Can marathon -- May 10, 1987 -- the first Fringe Art assignment for my Art and Culture seminar.

Unlike my first draft, the revision did not suck.

In fact, I really, really like it.

Yes, it took several hours and the excruciating surgical work of editing down to fit the 600-word allowance (from an embarrassing 1100...oh, just about 500 over the limit) and a bunch of research and the digging up of little known facts and some checking up on what else was going on in the world at the time but HALLELUYAH and Praise the Lord for the Assignment Dybbuk that plagued me for the past six weeks has evidently been slain.

NOW I can go to sleep.

No comments: