- Embrace the awesomeness of being your particular age, with everything that comes with it.
- Pause to acknowledge that you have been on this planet for a significant period of time, maybe not along the continuum of history but along the timeline of other people's lives
- Take chances.
- Allow yourself to feel truly wise every once in a while.
- Not be afraid of hard work. Nothing of value is achieved easily.
- Agitate for positive change.
- Live with your eyes, mind, arms and heart wide open.
- Believe in the power of fun.
- Opt for joy.
- Make peace when you can and with whom you can.
- Be smart enough to live according to solid values.
- Give up silly or shallow pursuits.
- Don't waste your energies on fruitless endeavors.
- Read all the books you wish you had read.
- See all the films you wish you had seen.
- Travel as you can afford to.
- Party on!
Monday, November 18, 2013
Seize the (Birth) Day!
In celebration of my 53rd Birthday, here is my bracha (blessing) for those of my vintage...or really any vintage. May you: