Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hava Nagila Wake-Up


S
o, I overslept this morning because of the venti cup of Starbucks I had at 8 p.m. last night on my way to the free screening of Mars Attack on the Pier 1 on the Hudson river at about 70th Street, which made me remain wide-eyed until 2 a.m. forced to watch the traffic along Amsterdam while attempting to catch up on work.

It seems my life can be measured by cups of coffee. Now I'm sitting at the dining room table in the urban bungalow guzzling my second cup of Zabar's French Italian blend. My eyes look heavy-lidded in Middle Babe's make-up mirror. Briefly, I contemplate sticking my face in a bowl of ice water. Isn't that from some movie? Or from the video of Huey Lewis and the News's "I Want a New Drug?"

While talking to Big Babe in Berlin, I pulled up a video clip of 17-year-old Olympic contender Alexandra Raisman doing an extraordinary gymnastic routine to the tune of "Hava Nagila."

Watch it and wake up:




No comments: